The Surgical Society of Kenya (SSK) is happy to announce the appointment of Shillah Nekesa as the office administrator. (Inset) She was hired through a competitive process and will be key a resource person in how the society will move to deliver on its strategy. Shillah has previously served with the Kenya Christian Lawyers Society.
We wish her the very best in her new role. She Interned with Ministry of Public works for six Months where she served at the front office desk. She also worked with Kenya Christian Lawyers Fellowship – CLEAR Kenya as an Office Administrator and was engaged in the following activities:
- Prepare progress reports for the organization as required by the Director, detailing the staff work progress as well as overall development.
- Assist office staff in maintaining files and database.
- Assign jobs and duties to office staff as scheduled.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for executives.
- Assist in preparation of departmental budgets and expenses.
- Organizing and processing mails efficiently.
- Perform administrative or other extra duties as required by the director, such as store keeping, e.t.c so as to facilitate the smooth running of the organization.
- Management of Inventories.
- Perform induction for new staff.
- Involved in planning of events for the organizations e.g Conferences, Barbecue and Family fun days.